Tuesday, July 21, 2009

night owl... hoot, hoot.

So here it is one in the morning and yet again I can't sleep. It's really starting to bug me. I don't know if I'm just so stressed or what?! The past few weeks I get non-coherent about five at night and because five is just not a good bed time I suck it up until about nine. Kael's in bed sleeping away and here I am not tired. So I do a few relaxing things to try and settle down, watch tv, read a book. Nothing. So I toss and turn until I finally fall asleep. Probably around two or three but I'm not quite sure because I've lost track of time. Anyways, then I suddenly wake up at about five in the morning and I'm no longer tired. Are you kidding me?! So because I've only gotten about three of four hours of sleep I try to go back to sleep. I toss and turn and finally fall asleep and then right on time Kael wakes up at around seven or eight ready to take on the world. I'm butt tired but obviously I can't neglect my child, cause that's just down right mean, so I get up and start my day thinking, "I'll be tired for sure tonight I didn't get any sleep." So I go about my day.... la tee da, tee da. And come dinner time again and I'm a zombie and can't think straight. I get through dinner with out burning the house down or chopping off a finger and think, 'yes, finally getting to bed at a decent hour.' Well bed time rolls around and I'm wide awake....... AH! These have been my nights for the last couple weeks. I think it's really starting to take it's toll on me. I've been such a bum and I can hardly think straight. My brain is turning to mush, but I just can't seem to sleep. So I'm turning to my fellow bloggers.... Am I just weird and need to see a doctor or does anybody else seem to do this too? I'm at a loss. What's your opinion?

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

You are not the only one! I seem to do this too! I don't think I am quite as bad, but I have to toss and turn in bed for like an hour before I fall asleep. I fall asleep and it seems no sooner Colby is up wanting a bottle! I fall back asleep and he usually wakes up at least 1 more time in the night. Then 7 comes around and he is up. The day goes on... 7:00p.m. I am tired. 9:00 Colby goes down and then 10:00 comes and I am wide awake! I don't know if you eat after 8:00, but I know that can spike up your sugars and wake you up. Hope things change for you soon!

Jarvis ♥ Family said...

I did the same thing! One weekend I told Josh i was going to have a mental break down if i didn't get my sleep patterns back on track so he took Braiden on that friday night and i went to the bedroom. Having a head ache because of the lack of sleep i took a tylenol pm. I tossed and turned for about an hour and the tylenol kicked in. I was out i did that for the weekend and haven't had a problem since. I think i just needed that weekend, Josh sure didn't like it but shoot i was back on track and very happy! Try it out and see if that works. Things will change eventually, every mommy goes through it! Hope all is well! miss you guys!