Monday, October 18, 2010

She's Here!!

So it's three in the morning at I can't sleep so I figured I would post some of her pictures from my phone because I don't know when I'm going to have time to load pictures from my camera. Well she finally made it on Friday, October 15th at 5:55 am. She weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 21 inches long. She is dark and hairy. She has a ton of curly black hair and so far she is a really good baby and loves to snuggle with her daddy. We had a hard time agreeing on a name for her but we finally picked Claire Anne Rogers.
Her delivery went like this....
I went to my doctor's appt Thursday morning. DR said I was at a two and about 50% effaced. He joked and said wish my nails were longer I just break your water right now. Well my blood pressure was a little high so he sent me over to triage to have it checked out. He asked me if I was ready to have the baby today if they needed to induce me. I said sure, and thought I was staying in the hospital. So I called Chase and had him come down just in case. Well my labs came back fine so they sent me home. DR said come back on Mon or Tues if I didn't go on my own. Well I was a little disappointed and started to think about it. It was the weekend, my Dr was on call that night, I was tired of being prego, and I really didn't want to drive back on Mon just to be induced if they could do it today. So I called the Dr back after lunch. He finally called back and said he was game for breaking my water. So we packed our crap and headed to the hospital at about 5:30 pm. We got into a room, hooked up to an iv and waited for the Dr to break my water. They tried to break it and was having trouble. So they took a break. They started me on a light dose of pitocin to get the baby to drop and see if it would help things progress. Dr came back and was finally able to break my water. Contractions started progressing. They started to get ugly so I got my epidural. Relief. After I got my epidural they checked me again I was at a 3-4 and 60% effaced. I continued to progress on schedule. I hit an eight about one and was fully effaced. Baby was still really high so they had me try a bunch of different things to get her to drop. Nothing worked. Because she wouldn't drop I got stuck at an eight. Finally about 5 am Dr said if I was still at an eight and the baby hadn't dropped they were going to throw in the towel. Nothing changed so cue C-section. They prepped me and she was born at 5:55 am.
We are home now and just trying to get back to life with our new little girl in the mix. Kael isn't really interested in her and just calls her the baby sister. And when she cries he just stares at her like, what's your problem? Maybe when she gets a little older he will like her more. ha ha. we will see. That's all folks.


11 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. And so tiny in that big carseat! It's easy to forget how tiny they start out. Claire is such a cute name. We can't wait to meet her in person. Now try to get some sleep! :)

The Smith Family said...

Cute name! Sorry you had to have another c-section. Hope your recovery goes quick! She is such a doll. Can't wait to meet her :)

ROBINSON said...

SO happy for ya guys!! looking at all her little cute pics its making me feel anxious for my baby to be here, that's the first time i've felt that way this whole pregnancy! she's so adorable and looks just like you!

Eric, Lexi, Reagan & Lakai said...

Congrats! Having 2 is such an adventure : )

Jarvis ♥ Family said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you! Claire is an adorable name i love it! Fits great with her! She looks just like you, and i see a little bit of kael! Can't wait to meet her in person! Love you guys!!! Let me know when you decide to do her blessing and we will do our best to make it!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! She is a doll!

Catherine said...

awwww.... she is adorable. We are glad she is here safe and sound. Can't wait to see her in person. We have an Oct 15th b-day in my family too. It's a good day!

The Lake's said...

She is precious! and a beautiful baby! she doesnt look like a newborn at all she is so cute! Love the name, cant wait til I can have mine!

bettina said...

congratulations!! she is adorable!

Erica (Jones) Ward said...

Awesome! Congrats. She's so cute :D

Trevor, Brittany, and Addison Gardner said...

Can't wait to meet her! Okay, that temple pic you took is pretty great and I'd love a copy if you're willing to share. Can it be blown up?