Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Late Nite Status Report

So I figured I would give those who actually read about my fun Doctor Visits an update. I'm up late again with nothing to do that won't wake up Kael or Chase. So anyway I had another doctors appointment with the Urologist. So let's just say, if you plan on being a Urologist, DON'T! Ha, ha, not unless you plan on having people love-hate you. Some people, particularly old folks, will most likely love you because you will help fix all their old-people-body-parts-that-have-seen-their-day-and-are-falling-apart problems. Yes, the joys of getting old. ha ha. Others, like myself, will hate going and have anxiety every time the doc calls or you just hear the word urology. Anyways, so I make Chase come in the room this time, because all we are supposed to be doing is having a chit chat about my 'options.' So the doc asks me the same questions he has asked me before at previous visits and I tell him the same thing I did before. I have had like a bajillion infections and I want it fixed or want to know why? He continues to tell me the things I already know because he told me them. "Your bladder is working too hard. Your bladder isn't emptying all the way.... blah, blah, blah." So he says he asks me about my sex life and how many times a year I've had infections my entire life. I tell him.... "LIGHTBULB".... He says 'Oh well lets just leave it alone then.'....... WHAT?! Okay, so now I have to resist the urge to punch him in the face. ha, ha. No not really but I was thinking about all the pain I went thru for the past couple months and he tells me "don't do anything." Grrr. But wait there is a good thing. The last time he look inside my bladder he said it wasn't emptying and that there was still a bunch left inside. So he wanted to check it again before we talked about 'options' again. So he said looks good and we shouldn't worry. He said with my history, it's not linked to my sex life, (whew, thats a relief, ha ha, just kidding) and I wasn't having a big problem before my pregnancy for their to be a concern. AND, dun da da duuunnnn, the dilation we did previously made it so that my bladder is emptying completely. Whoop, Whoop. So he said unless I continue to get a lot of infections, we are done working on me. YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!! He continued to tell me what we would do if that happens but I was so relieved to hear that because this was really starting to take a toll on me. I mean, ok, it's not like I was dying or something but it was really depressing feeling like your body was broken and not knowing how to fix it. I went visiting teaching tonight and it was my turn to give the message. I was reading it and I received the comfort I have been so longing for. Not from the bladder issues but with life. We are living in crazy times right now and I have been feeling really scared for all the people that I love. The message talks about how to apply the gospel in our lives daily and WHY. The why is what hit home for me. I've heard this message so many times before and I love it, and it's so funny that just reading it again brought comfort. Elder Robert D. Hales said, "We must live the gospel in such a way that we will have the Spirit to ever be with us. If we live worthily, the Spirit will always be with us. We can then teach by the Spirit. .... The reason we pray, study the scriptures, have good friends, and live the gospel through obedience to the commandments is so that when-not if, but when-the trials come, we are ready." What an awesome message! The Lord is going to give us trials, but nothing we can't handle. And the reason we are suppose to go to the temple, live worthy, read scriptures, pray, is so we can take on those trials head on. We can do it people, we can conquer Satan and make it back to our Father in Heaven!


Sorry to be all spiritual, and tell my testimony, but I figured I was feeling great tonight because of it and wanted to end my gripe fest about my retarded body on a more positive note. I don't want any one to think I'm this unhappy little person, who thinks I have nothing to be happy about. I don't think that at all. I'm so thankful for my wonderful life and all the blessings I have received. Thanks for reading, I think I'm tired now. Nite.

3 comments:

azHarline said...

I'm glad to hear that things are resolved. When you tried to access my blog, did you change the address. The new one is harlineco.blogspot.com, let me know if this works.

azHarline said...

Actually the blog where you left a comment is my new blog. If you were able to leave a comment, then you have access to it.

Jarvis ♥ Family said...

I am so happy to things are going better now! It was so good to see you guys on wednesday to say happy birthday to hunter on the web cam! I can't believe how fast kael is growing up! I sure do miss you guys and hope everything else is also going well! Love you and miss you!